The Lockwood Group
Lockwood are a successful family run business who truly believe people are the heart of our business and we believe in empowering our colleagues to develop their skills.
The Lockwood Group is a dynamic forward thinking family run business established in 1965, which currently has over 300 employees across 5 UK sites. The group’s activities include UK transport, distribution and storage and frozen food production. We are currently recruiting for warehouse operatives at our Ambergate site who would like to gain licences and experience on PPT, FLT & VNA.
- £10.00 p/h, paid at 40.25 hours per week as an average & £30 weekly shift attendance bonus (subject to qualifying criteria).
- Overtime paid for additional shifts after full contracted hours/shifts have been completed
- Main Location:Ambergate, DE56 2JR (could be asked to work at any other sites)
- 4 on 4 off day shift
- 06:00 – 18:00 with a 30 unpaid lunch break
- Loading & unloading vehicles
- Booking in stock
- Putting stock into location
- Picking & packing stock
- Use of handheld scanners
- Use of warehouse systems
- Other general warehouse duties
- Training opportunities to develop existing skills
- 20 days annual leave (+ 1 additional day for the Queens Jubilee 2022)
- Recently refurbished on site facilities
- Full PPE & uniform provided following a successful probation period
- Free on site parking (security patrolled)
- COVID measures in place i.e. PPE, cleaning procedures, daily temperature checks & social distancing
THE FOLLOWING LICENCES WOULD BE ADVANTAGEOUS BUT TRAINING CAN BE PROVIDED:
- VNA Man Up – Very Narrow Aisle Truck (would have to be happy with heights)
- PPT – Powered Pallet Truck (THIS IS A STAND ON, ELECTRIC PALLET TRUCK)
- FLT Counterbalance
There may be a need to carry out duties at any of our other sites so a full UK driving licence would be recommended.
Candidates are required to have checkable references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.