The Lockwood Group is a dynamic forward thinking family run business established in 1965, which currently has over 300 employees across 5 UK sites. The group’s activities include UK transport, distribution and storage, frozen food production and co-packing solutions.
We are currently looking for professional HGV drivers to join our team. We have a modern fleet of premium brand vehicles, fantastic training opportunities and are proud to be a DVSA Earned Recognition operator.
Unit 4, Severnbridge Industrial Estate, Symondscliff Way, Caldicot, Monmouthshire, NP26 5PT
- £12.20 p/h (guaranteed 44 hours per week)
- Graded driver performance bonus (Grade A – D) worth up to £2,400.00 per annum
- Nights out paid @ £36.20 per night
- Monday – Friday, 44 hours basic week (plus nights out when required)
- General Haulage
- Use of the latest technology i.e. electronic POD devices, electronic walk around checks (full training will be provided).
- To maintain excellent levels customer service
- To ensure accurate and timely communication with the Transport team
- To deliver goods in a timely and professional manner.
- Training opportunities available to develop existing skills i.e. ADR, driver assessor, FLT licences.
- Very well presented modern fleet that are predominately MAN & Scania
- Funded on-site CPC training
- Workplace pension
- Full PPE & uniform provided
- 28 days annual leave (+ 1 additional day for the Queens Jubilee 2022)
- Recently refurbished on site facilities
- Free on site parking
- Covid secure measures in place i.e. PPE, vehicle sanitisation and cleaning procedures and social distancing. Remote interviews available.
- Candidates will be a fully qualified HGV Class 1 (C+E) driver with a CPC, valid Digi card and a good understanding of Tachograph and WTD rules.
- You will be reliable and punctual and have a flexible approach
- Good verbal communication with excellent customer service skills and a professional approach
- Previous Class 1 experience is preferred but not essential.
Newly passed Class 1 HGV drivers are welcome to apply. We have a team of driver assessors/mentors that will provide full training and guidance.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and covering letter online.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.