HGV/LGV Class 2 Driver
The Lockwood Group
The Lockwood Group is a dynamic forward thinking family run business established in 1965, which currently has over 300 employees across 5 UK sites. The group’s activities include UK transport, distribution and storage, frozen food production and co-packing solutions.
We are currently looking for professional HGV drivers to join our team. We have a modern fleet of premium brand vehicles, fantastic training opportunities and are proud to be a DVSA Earned Recognition operator.
- £11.50 p/h, guaranteed 44 hours per week.
- Graded driver performance bonus (Grade A – D) worth up to £2,400.00 per annum
- Monday to Friday with enhanced overtime rates after 48 hours and further enhancements for Saturday and Sunday working.
- General Haulage
- Use of the latest technology i.e. electronic POD devices, electronic walk around checks (full training will be provided).
- To maintain excellent levels customer service
- To ensure accurate and timely communication with the Transport team
- To deliver goods in a timely and professional manner.
- Training opportunities available to develop existing skills i.e. upgrade to Class 1 C+E, ADR, driver assessor, FLT licences.
- Very well presented modern fleet that are predominately MAN & Scania
- Overtime, driver incentive bonus scheme and night out payments (C+E only)
- Funded on-site CPC training
- Workplace pension
- Full PPE & uniform provided
- 28 days annual leave (+ 1 additional day for the Queens Jubilee 2022)
- Recently refurbished on site facilities
- Free on site parking
- Covid secure measures in place i.e. PPE, vehicle sanitisation and cleaning procedures and social distancing. Remote interviews available.
- Candidates will be a fully qualified HGV Class 2 driver with a CPC, valid Digi card and a good understanding of Tachograph and WTD rules.
- You will be reliable and punctual and have a flexible approach
- Good verbal communication with excellent customer service skills and a professional approach.
Newly passed HGV drivers are welcome to apply. We have a team of driver assessors/mentors that will provide full training and guidance.